Tuesday 24 February 2009

Das Zeitgeist uber alles

Jocky really beat me to it with this excellent post, but I also feel there's something incredibly special about Berlin. The ease with which it was possible to idly chat to people you'd just met (who seemed genuinely interested in all things English) was wonderful.

Somehow there's a stark beauty to the place, a straightforward elegance: humour, warmth and potential.

I'm so pleased my friends took me somewhere so special, and couldn't stand the thought of not returning. Start saving for 2010 gents...

1 comment:

jockyblue82 said...

Sorry to quite literally pip you to the post but glad to hear you share the sentiments.

I think we got to see the 'real' Berlin this time (whatever that means) rather than viewing it through a FIFA endorsed haze.

Glad you enjoyed it. Chopper did a great job!